The following is general licensing information. Please visit the states website for specific licensing detailed information, application forms, insurance requirements, education and training, fees, and any special licensing requirements.
Investigators General Licensing Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma
- Have a criminal record free of any felony convictions (or have any convictions pardoned by the governor or reduced to a misdemeanor)
- Be employed by a licensed detective or investigation agency in Wisconsin
- All new private detective applicants in the state of Wisconsin are required to be electronically fingerprinted
- In addition to your completed application and fingerprint documentation, you will be required to submit a release for Federal Bureau of Investigation information including
– A passport style photograph of your face
- Unless you are covered by the liability insurance of the employing agency, you must obtain a $2,000 bond.
- Take and Pass the Wisconsin State Licensing Exam
Private Investigators Licensing Authority in Wisconsin:
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s Agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. Moreover, if you are seeking how to verify a private investigators license in a state or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.