Private Investigators License Utah Requirements
The following is general licensing information. Please visit the states website for specific licensing detailed information, application forms, insurance requirements, education and training, fees, and any special licensing requirements.
Investigators General Licensing Requirements:
- You are 21 years of age or older
- You are a legal resident of the state of Utah
- You are of good moral character
- You have the financial ability to post a surety bond
- 2000 hours of investigative experience
Submission for license:
- $100 for a private investigator registrant or apprentice license to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification
- $16.50 FBI fingerprinting/criminal background check fee via credit card or check or money order payable to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification
- A recent passport-sized color photo of yourself taken in the last 90 days
- A photocopy of your driver’s license/state identification card
- One completed fingerprint card (contact the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification, or local police department/sheriff’s office)
- A copy of the required surety bond for $10,000 (this is required for both private investigator registrants and apprentice applications)
- Verification of Investigative Experience form documenting 2000 hours of investigative experience
Private Investigators Licensing Authority in Utah:
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400 South
Taylorsville, UT 84129
BCI’s office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. BCI is closed weekends and state holidays.
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s, Agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. Moreover, if you are seeking how to verify a private investigators license in Utah or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.