South Carolina Private Investigators Licensing Requirements
The requirements to get a PI’s license in South Carolina may change. Below are a current list of the general requirements. Please visit the states website for the most up-to-date list of requirements.
- Be at least 21 years old
- Must be a US Citizen
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have no felony, domestic violence, or abuse convictions
- Not have been discharged from the military with other than an honorable discharge
- Have no misdemeanor convictions associated with theft, honesty, fraud, or sale or use of controlled substances
- If you have ever been declared incompetent due to a mental defect, you will have to prove that a court restored your competency before you will be licensed
Licensing Requirements (one of the following):
- Three (3) years of experience as an investigator or police officer
- Three (3) years of experience while a registered employee of a licensed PI business
- Employed by a licensed private detective for a period of five (5) years
Licensing Authority in South Carolina:
South Carolina State Law Enforcement Division
4400 Broad River Road
Columbia, SC 29210
The South Carolina Association of Legal Investigators
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s. agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. If you are seeking to verify a private investigators license, or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.