Rhode Island Private Investigators Licensing Requirements
The requirements to get a PI’s license in Rhode Island may change. Below are a current list of the general requirements. Please visit the states website for the most up-to-date list of requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Must be a US Citizen
- Have no felony, domestic violence, or abuse convictions
- Have no misdemeanor convictions associated with theft, honesty, fraud, or sale or use of controlled substances
- If you have ever been declared incompetent due to a mental defect, you will have to prove that a court restored your competency before you will be licensed
Licensing Requirements (one of the following):
- Five (5) years of experience as an investigator or police officer
- A criminal justice degree from an accredited institution
- Employed by a licensed private detective for a period of five (5) years
Licensing Authority in Rhode Island:
RI Division of Taxation
One Capitol Hill
Providence, RI 02908
Private Detectives Association Of Rhode Island
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s. agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. If you are seeking to verify a private investigators license, or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.