New Mexico Private Investigators Licensing Requirements
The requirements to get a PI’s license in New Mexico may change. Below are a current list of the general requirements. Please visit the states website for the most up-to-date list of requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a residents of the United States
- Have no felony, domestic violence, or abuse convictions
- Have no misdemeanor convictions associated with theft, honesty, fraud, or sale or use of controlled substances
- 6,000 hours or 5 Years working as:
- Investigation for the purpose of obtaining information regarding crimes or threats
- The investigation of persons
- Investigation for the purpose of locating or recovering lost or stolen property
- Securing evidence to be used in court, in investigative committees, or for law enforcement officers
CLICK HERE to verify a New Mexico Private Investigators license now!
Licensing Authority in New Mexico:
PI’s licensing in New Mexico is governed by the Private Investigations Advisory Board.
New Mexico Private Investigations Advisory Board
2550 Cerrillos Rd #3rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Phone: (505) 476-4500
New Mexico Professional Security Association
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s. agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. If you are seeking to verify a private investigators license, or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.