New Hampshire Private Investigators Licensing Requirements
The requirements to get a PI’s license in New Hampshire may change. Below are a current list of the general requirements. Please visit the states website for the most up-to-date list of requirements.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a residents of the United States
- Have no felony, domestic violence, or abuse convictions
- Have no misdemeanor convictions associated with theft, honesty, fraud, or sale or use of controlled substances
(One of the following)
- At least 4 years of experience in one of the following positions:
- As a director of security or senior officer of a company or corporation or licensed security service
- As a full-time adjuster, risk manager, or claims investigator for an insurance carrier or adjusting company
- As a full-time law enforcement officer for a county, state, federal, college or university, or municipal police department
- At least 2 years of employment as a full-time investigator for a private investigative agency AND one of the following:
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from an accredited college or university
- Certification from the American Society for Industrial Security as a certified professional investigator
- Certification from the National Association of Legal Investigators as a certified legal investigator
- At least 4 years of employment as a full-time investigator for a licensed private investigator or agency
- At least 4 years of experience as a full-time experience as a full-time firefighter and certification by the International Association of Arson Investigator
Licensing Authority in New Hampshire:
PI’s licensing in New Hampshire is governed by the Department of Safety
New Hampshire League of Investigators
Find a Private Investigator near you!
Our directory has useful resources for finding Expert P.I’s. agencies, and Verified Private Investigators. If you are seeking to verify a private investigators license, or simply need a Private Investigator near you, then this directory will prove to be valuable resource.