How to A Get Private Investigator License In Alaska
A few Alaska cities have their licensing eligibility criteria; the state has no licensing requirement for Private Investigators or “P.I.” Individuals seeking a private investigators license should ensure with their local Court Clerk and research a little about business license requirements. However, few of the state cities, such as Anchorage and Fairbanks have their licensing requirements. The following are the requirements that must be met by an applicant to get a license in Fairbanks and Anchorage.
• Age: In Both Anchorage and Fairbanks, You must be at least 18 years of age.
• Citizenship: Only Fairbanks city has this requirement. The rest of the state cities do not have requirements for citizenship.
• Evaluation of Mental Health: Evaluation of mental health is not needed.
• Fairbanks Background Checks: The City of Fairbanks needed licensing with background checks to conduct business as a P.I within city boundaries.
• Anchorage Background Checks: The Municipality of Anchorage needs licensing with background checks to conduct business as a P.I within the military operations area (MOA) boundary.
• Military Discharge: The state has no provisions regarding military discharge.
• Financial History Check: There are no financial or credits checks required.
• Required Insurance: Fairbanks private Investigator surety bond is needed with coverage of $10,000. While Anchorage doesn’t need the bond.
• Disqualifications Automatically: Aside from your criminal background check results, there are no listed disqualifications.
• Educational Degree: There is no degree is required but many Alaska P.I’s seek education in criminal law and justice or law enforcement to improve their skills.
• Work Experience: No experience is required to acquire a license.
• Fees: Fairbanks application fee is $75, and the licensing fee $400. While in Anchorage the fee is $100.
• Registration Required: There are applications needed in both cities of Fairbanks and Anchorage. You will also need to provide evidence of fulfilling the essential requirements. In Anchorage, you will also need a thorough work history.
• Maintaining PI License: Fairbanks license must be renewed every two years, and the renewal fee is $400. In Anchorage, also must be renewed every two years, and the renewal fee is $100. Besides, your business licenses will need to be renewed every year.
Department Contact Information:
City of Fairbanks, City Clerk’s Office,
800 Cushman Street,
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Department of Public Safety,
5700 East Tudor Road,
Anchorage, AK 99507.
Though generally licenses cannot be transferred from one state to another state, private investigators P.I’s, much like lawyers, may be able to enter into reciprocity agreements with other states. Alaska is not engaged in reciprocity agreements.
Find Private Investigators in the State of Alaska:
Our directory has useful resources for finding private investigators Expert P.I’s Agencies, in Anchorage and Fairbanks. Besides, if you are looking for how to verify a private investigators license in (state), this directory will hopefully exceed your expectations.